Wednesday, January 23, 2013

LOTR 79008 Pirate Ship Ambush

With the London Toy Fair nearly over, I'm surprised that we haven't seen more images from upcoming sets. But thanks to Flickr user Motayan we have two that have just made my day. The images may be small, and they're definitely blurry, but who cares? Anything is better than nothing.

79008 Pirate Ship Ambush.
Minifigures: Aragorn, Legolas, Gimli, King of the Dead, Soldier of the Dead x2, Corsair of Umber (Peter Jackson), Mordor Orc x2.
Coming Summer 2013.

A very good selection of minifigures. Hopefully this set'll cost no more than $80. I take it back. Whenever I guess the price of a set I'm always way off. 
I'm very glad they're including the Peter Jackson Corsair character over just any random corsair. And of course, The fact that there are three dead people makes this set even more awesome! Though I wonder about the Mordor Orcs.
A very good size ship, with the spike off of the bottom of the hull. Yes! I'm very glad they left that part in, even though it was never seen in the movies. That's just the nerd in me coming out. :)

Let's hope we'll see many more LEGO goodies before Toy Fair is over. But then, the New York Toy Fair is the real cheese. That's when everything is out in the open.

No comments:

Post a Comment